Zin @ Books and Blabber threw me a bag of gemstones! Thank you very much
for making me rich for the tag!
January (GARNET): Associated with warding off negative forces and dark energies – Name a book with the darkest/evilest character you can think of
I’m not sure, actually. There was a character in Gentlemen & Players who was so very very nasty. However I can’t spoil who it was because that would ruin the point of the book.
February (AMETHYST): Purple is associated with royalty – Name a book with regal qualities… You can base this off characters or choose the King of all books
I… have no idea whatsoever.
3. March (AQUAMARINE): Washed out – Name a ‘wishy washy’ character, a character who is not strong or a follower
Talia in Fans of the Impossible Life. I just finished it and it’s AMAZINGGGG but Talia is an asshole and I was really pissed about that.
4. April (DIAMOND): A diamond in the rough – Name a book that you loved but is not well known
I HAVE A TON OF THESE
However, I offer up: Alien in a Bottle, by Kathy MacKel. It has aliens, art, and glassblowing. It was utterly amazing (but I read it a long long long time ago. still I reaaaally liked it). Middle grade. The bottle is bigger on the inside. *pitches to all doctor who fans of ever*
Also: The Lost Sun by Tessa Gratton (norse mythology! a likable Baldur!), Runemarks by Joanne Harris.
(edit: this used to contain a book by ksenia anske but turns out she’s racist so yayyyy)
5. May (EMERALD): Said to balance energy – Name two characters who balance each other well
………Finch and Violet from All the Bright Places?
6. June (PEARL): Associated with loyalty – Name a character who is loyal to the end
hhhh i have no idea. I read too many double-crossing character books and like wayyy too many trickster figures *nervous laughter*
7. July (RUBY): Blood red – Name a book that made your blood boil, one that made you angry
Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard. Remember this?
8. August (PERIDOT): Pale green (it pales in comparison to other gems) – Name a supporting character who you like better than the main character
THIS IS MY SISTER’S BIRTHSTONE PEOPLE
In Runemarks: I like Loki much better than Maddy. Oops.
9. September (SAPPHIRE): Blue like the ocean which is calming – Name a book that had a calming affect on you
calming. I read calming books?
I feel like The Smell of Other People’s Houses was very very calming. I don’t know why. Besides the fact that I fell asleep after I read it.
10. October (OPAL): Iridescent – Name an iridescent book, this can be a book with a beautiful cover (Shiny? Lots of colour?) or you can base it off of a character (Quirky? Colourful?)
TOO MANY AHHHH but I’ll just go with The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness (glow-in-the-dark!):
11. November (TOPAZ): Associated with resilience – Name a book with a character who rises to the top in a time of adversity
The Books of Elsewhere (series) by Jaqueline West: Olive. Olive is wondrous.
12. December (BLUE ZIRCON): Associated with friendship – Name a book with a friendship you want to be apart of
FANS OF THE IMPOSSIBLE LIFE. JEREMY / SEBBY / MIRA. I WANT TO GO THRIFT SHOPPING AND DO MAGIC RITUALS AND HAVE SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS ME WHEN I FEEL HORRIBLE ABOUT LIFE.
And I throw the bag of gemstones randomly at the Internet so anyone who wants to should do it. BE RICH WITH ME. Comment a link if you do 😀
What are your feelings about these books? Is The Smell of Other People’s Houses deeply calming? Have you read Akata Witch and Alien in a Bottle and are they actually as good as I remember? Is the WordPress phone app trying to murder me?
I hope I have not
caused much damage due to my
utter lack of aim.