So Evi tagggeeeeeeeeed me for a thinnnnnnnnnnngggggg. The Little Engine tag was created by Matt @ The Little Engine Who Couldn’t, which is an excellent blog name. (second tag in a month. must be a record.)
(it’s morning. it’s not even that early. BUT IT IS QUIET.)
(I thought i was going to write today… *nervous laughter*)
- Each answer you give to a question has to be more than two sentences long. Or at the very least, you have to make those two sentences meaningful.
- There will be two bonus questions at the end, that the blogger gets to change to whatever they want to ask when they nominate someone else. The first six questions, however, are set in stone.
- At the end you must nominate three to five other bloggers. Okay, so you don’t have to, but that would be nice if you could. (matt wishes for his name to spread to everyone in the universe until the end of time.)
Questionsessssss (I’m in a sort of Gollum-y mood can you tell):
1.) What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?
When people turn up volumes really loud and play stuff. My sister watches Chinese television and feels the need to turn the volume very far up and I kind of want to murder something. I don’t like noiseeeee. Um.
2) What is your favorite song at the moment?
it’s too early for music friend
Laura by Bat for Lashes is wonderful. Amanda Palmer just put out a cover of it with a cross-dressing Australian, complete with darth-vader-y breath sounds. It’s amazing.
YOU’RE THE TRAIN THAT CRASHED MY HEART / YOU’RE THE GLITTER IN THE DARK / OOH LAURA / YOU’RE MORE THAN A SUPERSTAR.
YOU’LL BE REMEMBERED LONG AFTER THEM / YOUR NAME IS TATTOOED ON EVERY BOY’S SKIN / OHH LAUURAA / YOU’RE MORE THAN A SUPERSTAR and I’m going to stop there or I will print all the lyrics here and get sued for copyright infringement.
Amanda Palmer in general. And all of Hamilton (dear theodosia! wait for it! everything!). And this guy I discovered yesterday: Utkarsh Ambudkar. he has released a staggering total of five songs. Also, the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britian.
But if you must have specifics, here’s a playlist. It changes about 102938012938012+ times a day. Somehow I just managed to type “times” “toes.”
OH IT DOES THAT AUTOMATICALLY I DID NOT KNOW THAT
if i change the playlist will it change here….? yeah it will
The best thing in the world is Spotify being so confused by your tiny playlist they play the same song two times a row.
3) Who is your favorite blogger?
I HATE DOING THESE QUESTIONS BECAUSE I ALWAYS FORGET PEOPLE. Evi, S. Hunter Nisbet, Audrey Joy Greathouse, Amanda Palmer? (I don’t actually know afp personally but she’s the person who made me want to start a blog like this in the first place. And now she posts more to Patreon than the actual blog.)
4) What’s the nicest thing you’ve seen someone do recently?
…………I’m part of this ~4000 person facebook group and we talk about life and death and suffering and give each other hugs approximately 24-7. One of our members started a Gofundme for another member who’s in jail. Lots of nice things happen there.
Also, Amanda lost her ukulele in London and the people at the airport are helping her get it back.
5) What’s something you regret doing?
- not eating more breakfast
- getting way too many books from the library (which is rare but i’m vaguely in a reading slump)
- not eating all the peaches. Please excuse me momentarily as I satisfy my desire for fruit.
- wanting to eat the peaches
6) If you could take only three items with you to a deserted island, what would they be and why?
a cat, a hat, and a piece of string, because you can do many things with these three items that are beneficial to your health and survival
- a library
- a cat
Bonus questionsesss… what do i want you to know about me.
7) What books have you gotten from the library that you are utterly dying to read?
THE VIEW FROM THE CHEAP SEATS. I HAVEN’T FINISHED IT. I’M DYING. Also, I desperately want to finish The Strange Maid by Tessa Gratton, Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan.
(Speaking of library books: READ WINTERSPELL BY CLAIRE LEGRAND. IT’S SO GOOD.)
8) Are you secretly a dragon? if so, what kind?
YES I AM OF COURSE. I am a purple firebreathing Chinese one with wings (which isn’t a thing, if you’re not familiar with chinese dragons).
- Errin Krystal, because you tagged me and I need to get you back for that
- Claire @ Blankslaters
- Zin @ Books’n’Feathers
And if you wish to do it, you should!
Now I have to look for all the links and yell at everyone to do it pls hold.