*procrastinates on writing end of story, because what else do you do I’m scared*
*finally uses Canva to do things*
I publish my novel on two different platforms: Tablo and Wattpad. Personally, I like Tablo a lot. Wattpad just looks nicer. And feels more comfortable and normal. But Tablo is an amazing, amazing platform.
What I love about Wattpad:
- It looks nice. Even if I hate orange. It’s all streamlined and smooth-looking and things.
- You can see analytics. Which might not actually be a good thing…
- It looks really, really nice.
- THE COMMENTS ASLDFKJSLFKHJA
- The ability to make lists of books.
What I don’t like about Wattpad:
- Those gaps between the pages. It changed so that there aren’t pages anymore, but THAT GAP IS STILL THERE ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH
- You can’t highlight the text? It looks like an article but you can’t highlight it? And I’m a very clicky person (I click EVERYWHERE when I read things… You should see me on Google Docs. I freak out EVERY PERSON THERE because they’re all scared I’m going to delete something), so it annoys me horribly.
- The “two minutes left” thing pops up. This is annoying.
- Being a person who edits things a horribly large amount even after I publish
right now I desperately want to rewrite a few of the early chapters but a few people are currently reading it WHAT DO I DO, I often need to mass-publish things. On Wattpad, I need to publish all of them seperately. Which means people who put it in their library get UTTERLY FLOODED with notifications. Which I don’t want to do. Which means YOU GET ALL THE HORRID DULL FLACID WRITING and not the lovely shiny things.
- THAT GAP BETWEEN PAGES. SERIOUSLY. TAKE IT OUT.
- We can’t see all the chapters on the same page… That’s being a bit picky, but my wifi fails often.
- I CAN’T COPY-PASTE AND PRESERVE ITALICS AND WHITE SPACE IT SOUNDED LIKE MACHINE GUN FIRE BECAUSE I WAS SPAMMING THE SPACEBAR AND WAS COUNTING THE SPACES AND THINGS
What I love about Tablo:
- THIS IS ALSO REALLY REALLY REALLY PRETTY
- The help is seriously nice. And we actually know who they are, and their names and things. And their Twitter is the happiest place on the planet. AND OH MY GODS THEY ARE SO NICE. *flailing*
- THE WRITER INTERFACE IS THE BESTEST THING IN THE WORLD SO BEAUTEOUS
- You can mass publish! (Meaning, publish everything from the same page.)
- You have GROUPS!!!
- You can see all the newest stuff! And not just newest started, also the newest updated.
- No ads!
- You don’t count as your own views.
What I don’t like so much about Tablo:
- The reader interface is distracting. It would be really nice if they had a full screen feature that only showed the words…
- It crashes often, especially the page after you login.
- The comments use Disqus. And you only have one commenting section for the entire book. This does not stop people from their crazy commenting schemes.
My verdict: I would read a LOT more on Wattpad, since it looks nice and it usually works. But Tablo is also a beautiful, beautiful platform, and you guys should definitely get on it.
My Wattpad: [edit: the url has since changed and now is wattpad.com/user/caedenzeodd]
My Tablo: [edit: now tablo.io/caedenzeodd]
Questions related to the post: What writing platforms do you like putting your things on? What writing platforms do you like reading on? And what are all of your usernames so I can see what you’ve written and send you love?
Because I’m almost done with On the Other End…
- If you want to critique it, email me at [edit: redacted, now caedxnli [at] gmail [dot] com]. I can critique something in return. Or write something for you. Just ask…
- Do you want me to put the entirety of it on this blog / the First Site?
Your daily random question: Do you prefer my posts unillustrated?