So I’m introducing you to An, my main character in On the Other End of the Rainbow (okay so the Tablo link doesn’t work anymore because I accidentally deleted it. Wattpad still works).
1. What first inspired this character? Is there a person/actor you based them off?
Um. I don’t think she was based off someone in particular. I think I just wanted a MC who was a bookworm and really weird, like me. For example: reading dictionaries for fun.
2. Describe their daily routine.
Learn theoretical magic. Read. Study.
There isn’t really a daily routine… unless you count the one at the beginning that exists for about one chapter. (read. stare at goats. stare at ants. garden. she’s homeschooled.)
3. If they joined your local high school, what clique would they fit into?
The anti-social, forever-hiding-in-library, perpetually alone one. Is that a thing?
4. Write a list of things they merely tolerate. Ex: certain people, foods, circumstances in their lives…
Also, broccoli, plants (especially talking plants), and sometimes goats, but mostly celery.
5. How do they react in awkward silences?
6. Can they swim? If so, how did they learn?
An actually does know how to swim. If I told you how, that would be a spoiler. Sort of.
Hint: she never learned how. Hint: fish.
7. What is one major event that helped shape who they are?
When she discovered that magic was real and was whisked off the Asgard, land of the mostly-dead-and-currently-reviving gods. When her mom told her who her dad was. (I’M NOT TELLING.)
8. What things do they value most in life?
Books. Dictionaries. Her black vegetarian dragon Jean. Her dad. (STILL NOT TELLING.)
9. Do they believe in giving other people second chances? Do they have any trust issues?
YES GOTTVERDAMMT THIS IS A FACT (almost) THE ENTIRE STORY REVOLVES UPON
NO MAJOR TRUST ISSUES
AN IS A VERY TRUSTING PERSON
RATHER, SHE DOESN’T LIKE SAYING NO TO PEOPLE
10. Your character is having a rough day…what things do they do to make them happy again? Is there anyone they talk/interact with to get in a better mood?
Maybe talk to Jean. Don a jacket due to cold.
Punch walls (in critical situations).
Go to libraries (plural).
Turn into sharks.
*realizes that has huge amount of editing to do*
So… what do you think?