Look! I got my first blog award!
I think I skipped over the post nominating me because I never expected to be nominated for anything
Here are the rules of the Infinity Dream Award:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you. (um… I don’t believe in making people follow me, so you don’t have to)
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions provided for you by whoever nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions (according to Madi eleven, so I’ll assume so too) for them.
11 facts about me:
- I love French but take Spanish at school and don’t intend to stop.
- My favorite French word is framboise, which means raspberry. Closely followed by Twitter, because it sounds like Tweeter and makes me fangirl.
- I am attempting to learn Old Norse.
- I write sonnets abnormally fast. About half a hour without editing.
- I don’t like ebooks. Bright screens make my eyes hurt.
- I have trouble sleeping with any light.
- I usually watch credits and read copyrights.
- However, when I read the edition of Fahrenheit 451 with Neil Gaiman’s introduction WITH THIS FACT FIVE TIMES BEFORE THE ACTUAL INTRODUCTION, I missed it and had a heart attack when I noticed.
- I can’t tell my left from right and people expect me to do this multilingually.
- I’m really bad at counting. Same sentiment as above.
- I almost always have a jacket on.
Questions from Madi:
- What is a major influence to your creativity? Neil Gaiman, Amanda Palmer, Joanne Harris, Stromae, weird cognates, insomnia.
- Why did you create your blog? The Other Site to stick my writing somewhere. This one because the explanations of the writing were getting long and Amanda Palmer.
- What is your favorite TV show and why? I… don’t watch TV. No cable. But I like the news! Because it tells me things! And PBS!
- What goals do you have for your blog? I don’t know, actually. I’d like to get feedback on the stuff I write
but I’ve never asked for it oops
- What are your top three favorite books? Anansi Boys (Neil Gaiman), Runemarks (Joanne Harris), and The Book Thief (Mark Zuzak).
- Who do you write for? (Through your Novel, blog, poetry, etc.?) During seventh grade I exchanged writing with a friend to peer edit. It didn’t work out very well, but I still write a lot of stuff with her in mind.
- What is your greatest pet peeve? The first one that came to mind was when people spell “anyway” “anyways.” Also, putting commas after “because.” Also, when people don’t put books in alphabetical order by last name in libraries. Also, autocorrect.
- What is one silly fear you have? Casinos. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Blogging from hotel in Nevada. There’s a casino downstairs. I’m freaking out.
- What were you most scared of as a kid, that now means nothing to you? Robbers and bees. And vacuum cleaners, because Telitubbies.
- What song are you playing on repeat lately? Anything by Stromae. Eps: Bâtard, Ta fête, Humain á l’eau.
- What’s your guilty pleasure food? CHOCOLAAAATE
- Dee Dee Chainey
- Evi @ Adventuring Through Pages
- Kurt Brindley
- A Writer’s Tales
- Humoring the Goddess
- O at the Edges
- One More Sonnet
- Pickin’ Petals Farm & Mud Room
Yeah… I ran out of blogs. Because I’m greatly connected on social media.
- What font do you write in?
- Favorite subject in school?
- First good book you can think of?
- Favorite place to be (city, country, room in house, coordinates…)?
- Favorite poetry form?
- Favorite breakfast food?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What did you dress up as the last Halloween you actually dressed up?
- Favorite cookie type. If you don’t have a favorite cookie type, you need to eat more cookies.
- Do you like raccoons?
- Do you like dragons?
GO! Blog! I need to finish writing a novel for the third time!
Thank you, Madi, you
wonderful person whose blog
should be read much more.
(More haikus there, guys. More haikus.)